SearchPage Terms of Service
SearchPage Tab is certified as a Trusted Download Program by TRUSTe signifying that SearchPage Tab has been tested by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's TDP program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe's mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. If you have questions or complaints regarding SearchPage Tab, please contact us at SearchPage, 4115 St-Laurent Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1Y7, Canada or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514-788-4710. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.
Welcome to the world of SearchPage! We hope that you will enjoy the great features of our unique website and proprietary SearchPage Tab application (the "SearchPage Tab Application") and the services we provide (the "Services") as detailed below.
PLEASE READ ALL THE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY
Your Agreement for the Access and Use of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the provision of the Services. By accessing or using the Website, downloading or using the SearchPage Tab Application and/or the Services, you accept and agree to the provisions of the Terms of Service without any reservations, modifications, additions or deletions. If you do not agree to any provisions contained in the Terms of Service, you are not authorized to use the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application or the Services. You may be denied access to the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services, with or without notice to you, if you do not comply with any provisions of the Terms of Service.
Amendments. We may from time to time modify the Terms of Service and will post a copy of the amended Terms of Service on the Website, so we encourage you to review them periodically. If we make any substantial changes to the Terms of Service, we will notify you with a prompt message the next time you open SearchPage Tab and will also post a prominent notice on our website pages. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, the Terms of Service as amended, you are not authorized to use the Website or use the Services. You will be deemed to have accepted the Terms of Service as amended if you continue to use the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application or the Services after any amendments are posted on the Website. We reserve the right to refuse to provide our Services to anyone at any time.
- Registration and Scope of the Services
- Prohibited Acts
- Service Interruptions
- Cancelling and Termination of Your Account
- Intellectual Property
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
Registration; Scope of the Services
- NO REGISTRATION OR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED for use of the SearchPage Tab Application or Services
- Different Services will be made available to you depending on whether you use the Services via the Website only or if you download the SearchPage Tab Application (which we highly recommend you do!).
- Services are free of charge at the moment, but paid services may be added in the future.
Services Accessible via the Website. If you decide to use the Services through the Website, you will have access for example to the following features:
- Search the web faster with a clean search page, which you may opt to set as your home or start page manually of by using the SearchPage Tab Application.
Services Accessible through the SearchPage Tab Application. If you decide to use the Services through the SearchPage Tab Application, you will have access to the following features and more:
- Same services as Website use (see above); PLUS
- Search Provider: the default search provider of your browser will be changed to SearchPage.
- Search Assistant: this provides relevant links and results when you make a search request in your browser address bar or if your browser address (DNS) request is invalid, misspelled or incorrectly formatted;
- Default Tab: this gives you immediate access to our clean search page when you open a new tab in your browser;
- Share Functionality and Third Party Sites. The Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services may contain search results and links to third party sites or resources that are not owned or controlled by SearchPage. SearchPage has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, practices or availability of any third party sites or resources or the products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You are and remain subject to the policies of those third parties where applicable. By using the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services, you expressly relieve SearchPage from any and all liability (direct or indirect) arising from your use of any share functionality or third-party site or resource accessed from the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application or the Services. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to anyone. We reserve the right to change, modify or delete links to third party websites without notice.
- You agree that SearchPage is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort (direct or indirect) incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third party materials on the Website or made available through the SearchPage Tab Application. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by SearchPage.
- Registration; Services
Prohibition. So that the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services are available for all users to enjoy, you may not, and hereby represent, warrant and covenant that you will not or permit or enable a third party to:
- access or attempt to access any of the Services by any means other than through the Website or the SearchPage Tab Application or use automated tools to operate the Services (scripts, etc.); or
- use the Website or the SearchPage Tab Application in a way that (or display, post, transmit or otherwise make available UCGon or through the Website or the SearchPage Tab Applicationthat) (i) violates the terms of the Terms of Service; (ii) is unlawful, infringing, harmful, threatening, tortious, defamatory, libellous, abusive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, fraudulent or malicious; (iii) harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iv) involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"; (v) involves the sending of any virus, Trojan horse, worm, harmful code, shutdown mechanism or similar mechanism; (vi) promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct; (vii) solicits passwords, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; (viii) interferes with or disrupts the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application, the Servicesor any server or network involved with the operation of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application or the Services; (ix) collect or "harvest" from the Website or the SearchPage Tab Application the names of other users for the purpose of transmitting to those other users unsolicited commercial messages; or(x) otherwise violates any local, national or other applicable law or regulation.
- Sanctions. ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED UNDER THE TERMS OF SERVICE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT, AT SEARCHPAGE TAB'S DISCRETION, IN THE SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Contact. Any misuse of the Services may be reported to abuse@SearchPage.com.
- Prohibition. So that the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services are available for all users to enjoy, you may not, and hereby represent, warrant and covenant that you will not or permit or enable a third party to:
- Interruptions. You acknowledge that: (i) your access to and use of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and/or the provision Services may be suspended for the duration of any unanticipated or unscheduled downtime or unavailability of any portion or all of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Applicationand/or the Services for any reason, including as a result of power outages, system failures or other interruptions; and (ii) we shall also be entitled, without any liability to you, to suspend access to any portion or all of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and/or the Services at any time (a) for scheduled downtime to permit us to conduct maintenance or make modifications to any Service; (b) in the event of a denial of service attack or other attack on the Website and/or the SearchPage Tab Application or other event that we determine, in our sole discretion, that a risk to the applicable Service, to you or to any of our other users may be created if the Service were not suspended; or (c) in the event that we determine that any Service is prohibited by law or we otherwise determine that it is necessary or prudent to do so for legal or regulatory reasons (collectively, "Service Interruptions").
- No Liability. SearchPage shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that you may incur as a result of any Service Interruption.
- Notice of Interruption. To the extent we are able, we will endeavour to post updates on the Website regarding any Service Interruption and resumption of service following any such suspension, but shall have no liability for the manner in which we may do so or if we fail to do so.
- Your Responsibility. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information (including passwords) and for restricting access to your hardware device while logged into the Website or using the SearchPage Tab Application. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or from your hardware device.
- No Guarantee. We endeavour to use reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to your account. We cannot, however, guarantee absolute security of your account or the personal information we collect, and we cannot promise that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally accessing the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application or their contents. You agree to immediately notify SearchPage of any unauthorized use or your account, or any other breach of security at abuse@SearchPage.com, and you accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application, your Account Information and any other information you provide to SearchPage.
- Disclaimer and Indemnity. SearchPage will not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your account and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless SearchPage, its shareholders, officers, directors, agents, employees, partners and/or licensors, as applicable, for any improper, unauthorized or illegal uses of your account.
Termination & Uninstalling
- Termination by SearchPage. SearchPage may terminate your account immediately (i) in the event of breach or violation of the Terms of Service by you or (ii) as set forth in the section "Warranty Disclaimer" (see paragraph 8 below).
- Surviving Obligations. All provisions of the Terms of Service which by their nature should survive expiration or termination shall survive the expiration or termination of the Terms of Service, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the Website and the SearchPage Tab Application shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such expiration or termination or limit any liability which you otherwise may have to SearchPage, including without limitation any indemnification obligations contained herein.
- Uninstall. To uninstall the SearchPage Tab Application, visit the uninstall instructions.
- Grant of License. SearchPage grants you a non exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, revocable license to access and use of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services in accordance with the terms set forth in the Terms of Service. The Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services are made available to you for your non-commercial use only.You need to obtain our permission if you want (i) to sell, distribute, license or in any other way exploit, in whole or in part, the Services, the use of the Website or the SearchPage Tab Application (including by way of a bundle with other products and/or services) or any information or software associated with them or (ii) to modifyor create derivative works from the Website and/or the SearchPage Tab Application, in whole or in part.
- Reservation of Rights. SearchPage reserves all right, title and interest not expressly granted under this license to the fullest extent possible under applicable laws. You may not sublicense, assign, or transfer the license granted to you under the Terms of Service, and any attempt to sublicense, assign, or transfer any part of your rights under the Terms of Service is void.
- Trademarks and Copyright. The following are trademarks (registered or not) of SearchPage: "SearchPage", as well as certain other SearchPage trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") used in connection with the Website or the SearchPage Tab Application and the provision of Services. The Website and/or the SearchPage Tab Application may also contain third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos, including with respect to products and/or services that may be purchased on our partners' websites (collectively, the "Other Trademarks").
- Copyright. All content displayed on the Website and through the SearchPage Tab Application as well as all the software (including any source code) used in connection with the Services is the exclusive property of SearchPage or third parties and is protected by copyright laws.
- No License. Nothing appearing on the Website will be construed as granting you any license, right, title or interest relating to the Trademarks, the Other Trademarks or other intellectual property used in connection with the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and/or the Services (collectively, the "Intellectual Property") and the Intellectual Property remains the exclusive property of SearchPage or owners. Except as stated herein, you agree not to display, copy, reproduce, use or distribute any Intellectual Property without our prior written consent. Also, you cannot mirror any material contained on the Website or made available through the SearchPage Tab Application.
- Feedback. If you choose to communicate suggestions for improvements to the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application or the Services (collectively, "Feedback"), we shall own all right, title, and interest in and to the Feedback and we shall be entitled to use the Feedback without restriction. You hereby irrevocably assign all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback to us and waive all you moral rights in the Feedback, and agree to provide us such assistance as we may require to document, perfect, and maintain our rights to the Feedback. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) your Feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information; (ii) SearchPage is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback; (iii) SearchPage shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Feedback for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (iv) SearchPage may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development; and (v) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from SearchPage under any circumstances.
- "AS IS" BASIS. THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ALL THEIR CONTENT) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THE DOWNLOAD OF THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATIONAND THE SERVICESARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR HARDWARE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SEARCHPAGE TAB DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON INFRINGEMENT. SEARCHPAGE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES THAT THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND SEARCHPAGE TAB DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY OR MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Warranty Disclaimer. SEARCHPAGE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES THAT THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICESARE OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, UNINTERRUPTED OR WITHOUT ERRORS. WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, SEARCHPAGE TAB MAY MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE ANY ASPECT OR FEATURE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR THE SERVICES OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR THE SERVICES. IF SEARCHPAGE ELECTS TO MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE ANY PART OF OR ALL OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR THE SERVICES, IT WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Your Information. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE OR VIA THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO UCG) IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SEARCHPAGE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY TO YOU WITH REGARD TO ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
- Third Party Content. SOME OF THE CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION MAY INCLUDE MATERIALS THAT BELONG TO OR ARE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO UCG). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SEARCHPAGE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO CASE WILL SEARCHPAGE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR OTHER DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) YOUR USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION OR THE SERVICES [OR] (II) THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF ANY PART OF OR ALL THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR THE SERVICES, OR (III) YOU RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETNESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTING OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION,REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, DELICT, QUASI-DELICT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) AND EVEN IF SEARCHPAGE TAB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTHWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, IN NO EVENT WILL SEARCHPAGE TAB'SAGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND THE SERVICES) EXCEED CAD$500. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY OR MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnity. YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SEARCHPAGE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUITS, CLAIMS OR DEMANDS (INCLUDING REASONABLE LAWYERS' FEES) ARISING OUT OF (I) YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE; (II) ANY DAMAGES BY YOU OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR THE SERVICESCAUSED TO A THIRD PARTY; OR (III) YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SEARCHPAGE TAB APPLICATION AND/OR THE SERVICES.
- No Partnership. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created between you and SearchPage as a result of the Terms of Service and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind SearchPage in any respect whatsoever.
- Applicable Law; Jurisdiction. The Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Québec, Canada, applicable to agreements made and entirely to be performed within the Province of Québec, excluding any rules of private international law or the conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws. Regardless of where you access the Website, download the SearchPage Tab Application or use the Services, you agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service shall be filed and adjudicated only in the federal or provincial courts located in Québec (district of Montreal), and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms of Service.
- Severability. If any of the provisions of the Terms of Service or their application is found to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule or law, they are, to that extent, deemed omitted and the validity of the other provisions of the Terms of Service will not be affected.
- Questions. If you have any questions regarding the Terms of Service or wish to report any issue relating to the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application, their content or the Services you were provided, please contact us by email at feedback@SearchPage.com.