Effective Date: 27 August, 2012
We only collect personal information:
- that you provide to us directly via the Website or the SearchPage Tab Application when you provide us feedback or send us requests for technical support. The collection is limited to the following information: name and email address;
- SearchPage may also collect the following usage information, whether you are accessing the Website or use the SearchPage Tab Application: your IP address, SearchPage cookie information (see below), the date and time of your visit or use of the SearchPage Tab Application, the type of Internet browser or hardware device (computer or mobile/smartphone) you use, URLs of the pages you visit in order to give you search results and the URL of any other website that referred you to our Website. This information is not linked to you as an individual and is not usually regarded as personal information. We use your Mac Address, Drive Serial Number and Default Browser to assign you a unique identifier. SearchPage may also collect system information to diagnose and debug software issues. We collect a list of all add-ons you've installed to Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari in order to detect and solve add-on compatibility issues.
- We do not collect any other personal information, and do not supplement with information from other sources.
- We only collect personal information:
Use of the Information.
- We use your personal information to send you information on our Services, offer you new features or new services, optimize the Services we provide to you, reply to requests for technical support or feedback, provide updates for the SearchPage Tab Application and provide customer services. Emails received for feedback or technical support will solely be used to respond to such communications.
- If you no longer wish to receive emails from us you may follow the unsubscribe instructions in each of the email communications you receive.
- We may use usage information (see above) to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our Website and/or the SearchPage Tab Application.
Sharing and Disclosure.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. SearchPage does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with other people, except to :
- service providers that facilitate our Services, provide any or all part of the Services on our behalf or help us improve the Services (for example, data storage, web analytics, mapping providers and maintenance service providers). These services providers have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf;
- law enforcement officials or governmental agencies (i) in response to their request; (ii) when permitted or required by law; or (iii) to establish our compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or guidelines.
- These providers and partners are prohibited from sharing or selling this information, and may not use this information for any purpose not enumerated in this section.
In addition, if SearchPage merges with another company, is subject to a corporate reorganization, sells or transfers all or part of the Website and/or the SearchPage Tab Application, its business assets or shares, or in the event of bankruptcy, it is possible that the personal information we possess may be sold, transferred or otherwise shared as part of that transaction. Also, SearchPage may decide to retain a copy of the information post transaction.
- We may also share with third parties certain aggregated non-personal information about our users (such as the type of web browser they use) so as to optimize our Services. Third parties are prohibited from sharing or selling this information, and may not use this information for any purpose not enumerated in this section. These may include data storage, web analytics, mapping providers, maintenance service providers and ad providers.
- We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. SearchPage does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with other people, except to :
Cookies, Third Party Cookies & Tracking Technologies.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site and stored locally. SearchPage may set and access certain cookies on your computer or your mobile device for the following reasons:
- so that we can provide you with customized content;
- to keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our Services;
- to provide general internal and user analytics;
- to conduct research to improve the content of the Website, the SearchPage Tab Application and the Services; and
- to assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
- If you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain or all of our Services.
- We and our partners, affiliates, tracking utility company and service providers use software technologies such as clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site and within our SearchPage Tab Application by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site and stored locally. SearchPage may set and access certain cookies on your computer or your mobile device for the following reasons:
Search Engine Logs Data
- We store search engine logs data to improve your search results and to maintain the security of our systems. Analyzing logs data helps our engineers improve the relevancy of your search results.
- Search engine logs are anonymized and do not contain any personal information.
Posting on Users' Accessible Areas.
- As a registered user, you may post, submit and exchange content and information on areas of the Website that are accessible to other users if you decide so. You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personal information in a publicly accessible area. You are solely responsible for any personal information that you disclose and disseminate on publicly accessible areas.
Editing or Correcting Your Personal Information.
- You should advise us if you believe that your personal information is inaccurate.
- You have the right (i) to ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated and (ii) to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information. To do so, please contact us at privacy@SearchPage.com and remove our SearchPage Tab Application from your device.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We restrict access to personal information to SearchPage employees and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services.
- We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information under our control. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we take appropriate security measures (including physical security measures) and we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at SearchPage, 4115 St-Laurent Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1Y7, Canada or by email at privacy@SearchPage.com.
Additional Policy Information.
- Links to Other Sites. Our Site includes links to other Web sites (such as our blog) whose privacy practices may differ from those of SearchPage. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
- Testimonials. We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site or SearchPage Tab Application which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us at privacy@SearchPage.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes.
- We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you with a prompt message the next time you open SearchPage Tab and will also post a prominent notice on our website pages prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Limitation of Liability.